How Superstitious Are You? Take the following short quiz and find out.
Definition of superstition: Any belief based upon fear or ignorance, that is inconsistent with the known laws of science or what is considered in a particular society as true and rational, esp., such as a belief in charms, omens, the supernatural, etc.
Choose YES or NO for each of the following questions.
- Would you believe your pregnant fiancée if she claimed she was a virgin?
- Would you believe your President if he claimed his political agenda was of supernatural origin?
- Would you believe a zoo director who claimed he could build zoo large enough and sophisticated enough to house and care for all the animals on the face of the earth and in the seas?
- Would you believe a geophysicist who predicted that a global deluge would cover all land including Mt. Everest?
- Would you believe a researcher who claimed he invented a process by which he could turn wine into blood?
- Would you believe a preacher who guaranteed that everyone who died in war would be automatically sent to paradise?
- Would you believe a lawyer who claimed a murder victim had come back to life and then disappeared?
- Would you feel responsible and accept punishment for crimes a distant relative committed?
- Would you believe a magician who claimed he could walk on water and bring dead people back to life?
- Could you love and trust someone who took everything you owned, killed your family and made you sick because he had a wager that you would be too dumb to blame him?
- Would you believe a fortune-teller who claimed to know the outcome of events not yet occurred, by looking into a crystal ball?
- Would you believe a scuba diver who claimed that he was swallowed by a large fish for several days and emerged unhurt?
- Could you love and obey someone who told you to kill all adult males and non-virgin females in a city, and then keep the virgins and children for sex and slaves?
- Would you believe a scientist who claimed the universe was created in six seconds?
- Would you believe someone who claimed to be over 500 years old?
- Would you believe someone who claimed that the foot of a dead rabbit had supernatural power?
If you answered all questions with a NO, you are a skeptic and a rational person with a full understanding of science.
If you answered all questions with a YES, you are a very trusting and irrational person with no understanding of science.
If you have both YES and NO answers, you are a very confused person.
You are invited to add questions to this quiz